Welcome to The Heart of August. I wanted to introduce ourselves and introduce you to all that we plan to offer here.
The Heart of August is a Mother/ Daughter (Becky and Nicole) crafting team based in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are both lifelong crafters and really makers of all sorts, as you will see in upcoming posts. In these posts, you will find:
- Chalk Couture – we will share various techniques for color blending, ombre, working with large transfers, layering, inking various surfaces, creating new surfaces and so much more
- Create your own Farmhouse Style Signs
- Make beautiful wreaths
- DIY kits and mystery kits
- Recipes – My mom is an amazing cook and is asked for her recipes more than anyone I know. We will start sharing some of her most sought after recipes here
- DIY painting various furniture pieces
We began offering various craft parties a few years ago to help fund my fertility treatments. These parties were the first steps on a long road that led us here. I have been offering farmhouse style signs for sale since the birth of my first son, Owen. You can read more about how our shop began here:
At the end of 2017, My mom and I became independent designers with Chalk Couture. Chalk Couture is a new company that was offering all that we were doing with sign making in a much easier way. Simple, fast and fun. Even better it is made for every skill level. We were hooked. Since the beginning of 2018, we have been offering home Chalk Couture parties in addition to our other crafting. You can read more about Chalk Couture and our parties here:
We want to make sure we are bringing you the crafts you want to learn, the home decor you want in your home and the recipes you want to share with your friends. If there is something you would like to see more of here, send us a message! We would love to hear from you! We have big plans for this space and we hope you will join us!
~Nicole and Becky